"CHILDREN FLOURISH IN THE HIGHLY INSPIRING ENVIRONMENT" (OFSTED -JANUARY 2017)
I am proud to be the manager of this pre-school and welcome you to our new and exciting website.
I am also proud of how our setting has thrived throughout the Covid-19 Pandemic and how we have been able to be there for you and your children.
We have been steadfast in offering support, learning opportunities and precious childcare for our children through these challenging times.
As we move forward, the pandemic has taught us new skills and how we can stay in touch through embracing technology and of course the all important human contact.
Our children continue to thrive with the exceptional resources and our outstanding staff team.
Our pre-school has now been open for over 30 years, beginning its origins in our local church hall. Over the years we have grown and developed into the pre-school of today, welcoming families from our local community.
Our links with St. John's Church continue and we hold many of our special gatherings there under the care of the Parish Team. We also work hard to ensure we have excellent links with our local infant schools and colleges in our area.
Our staff are committed to providing the very best care and learning environment for your child to begin their learning journey, which has been recognised in our latest Ofsted inspection (January 2017) having been rated "OUTSTANDING IN ALL AREAS".
We pride ourselves in the friendly, warm welcome you will receive and we work with you to meet the needs of your children. We are always available to offer help and support.
If you would like to know more about this wonderful pre-school, please call in and look around or contact me on 01924 407987.
We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to the St. John's family.
What children say about our
Comments made by the children include:
"I like it." "I love Pre-school." "Dinner is nice." "I like books at Pre-school and cars. "I like doing letters in Laura's group." 'I like reading books and drawing."
- All the children we surveyed said they liked coming to Pre-school and they enjoyed eating healthy snacks. They were all able to name some of the foods they eat at Pre-school.
- The children said they knew who to go to if they needed help with anything. Some children named their key person, others were able to point to their key person.
- 13 out of the 15 children surveyed said they had friends at Pre-school and were able to name their friends.
- 14 out of 15 children said there were nice toys at Pre-school and went on to say what their favourite toys were.
- All children said they liked to play outside. 6 children said they liked the bikes and the tunnels.
- 14 out of 15 children said that the staff read them stories and they liked that.
What parents and carers say about our
We asked the parents and carers what they felt about our recent Mothers Day celebration
pre-school. Here are their replies:
"It was Brilliant"
"It was really nice and therapeutic"
"Really Lovely. Was nice to spend the time with my child"
"A lovely celebration - particularly after Covid restrictions. Much Appreciated"
"It was very nice to see M in the setting and made to feel special"
"It was really lovely to be there seeing it, where it all happens"
"Great! Wow! Nice to see A clapping. Thanks, great experience".
"Lovely reading from Staff! Excellent as always ladies"
"I thought it was a lovely celebration as always, well done and thank you"
"It was a brilliant Story"
"Very Good, Thank you Teachers"
"It was fantastic, thank you"